Monday, August 13, 2012

Our current dilemma

In a nutshell, South Carolina vs. Virginia...

See, Elijah is up for new orders, and he has already received them... the Ford, which is currently in the shipyard in Virginia... back home!  My parents... my sisters... our family... our friends... my career.  HOWEVER, he is currently awaiting to see if he is selected for the officer program.  If he is selected, then we will be staying here in South Carolina... in our house... with our friends. He will attend the Citadel, and he will go to school for three years.  Afterwards, he would be commissioned as an officer in the US Navy.

So... we are waiting for October.  If he doesn't get it, then we are in Virginia by January.  Three short months to get the house ready to either rent or sell (yet ANOTHER decision we have to make) and move.  Thankfully, we know people in Virginia ;)

So there are so many pros and cons to either, and I am so torn.  For my husband's career, staying here is the best.  We don't have to move.  The boys know this house.  We have friends, they have friends.  Elijah has friends already in the program.  Hopefully the house market turns around when we do need to move... and by his officer status, we can go more places... including those over seas.

Moving to Virginia... my family is there.  The boys will have their grandparents and aunts and cousins and extended family that loves them.  I can work part time on a more regular basis.  We already know what preschool Goober would go to (my church's).  My job would help pay off some of our debt quicker and my working wouldn't take the boys away from their daddy.

UGH.  I hate this.  There is absolutely nothing we can do but WAIT.

I hate this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment