Saturday, January 12, 2013

My sister is getting married!

Today was my sister Nicole's bachelorette "party." Ten of us went out to dinner (changing venues because of a ridiculous two hour wait at The Cheesecake Factory) and enjoyed ourselves for two hours.  Flirted with some single Navy boys about to leave on deployment (thoroughly embarrassing Krystal, the only single girl other than my nieces who are 5 and 12).  It was perfect; Nicole wanted something simple, nothing fancy, and it was exactly what she wanted.

My "little" sister is getting married soon! It's crazy.  In less than three weeks she will be Mrs. E (even though she is not formally changing her last name).  She will "belong" to someone else.  Someone other than the original six will have a right to her time.  Is this what she felt when I was about to wed four years ago?  Its strange to me.

I'm not sure if I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment