Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Starting on the preschool road...

So I have been following a great blog about a mother and her twin boys and their journey into home preschool.  Her twins are just a few months older than my Goober, so I have been considering doing something similar.  I finally decided to start, and have even picked a date - 11/28/11.

So what will the Joy Home Preschool actually entail?  Good question.  I am still working out some details (which is why I have given myself roughly a month to put a plan together).  I do know I want to work on Goober with colors, shapes, numbers, letters, basic skills (pasting), manners, self care and awareness, and other similar topics.  Some of our first weeks' topics include autumn, "My Body," trains, dinosaurs, winter, Christmas/Nativity, and bugs.  I will try to plan some activities for the week, including maybe an outing or two, some art projects, special books for the week, snacks made around the theme, etc.  Nothing fancy, nothing set in stone... everything will depend on Goober's mood for the week.  I am excited to start this with him, and see how much he will learn.

Anybody want to join me in this adventure?

Anybody have ideas for weekly topics?

I have found some great ideas on another website as well, Pinterest.  Just for others who were curious.  I will try to post weekly updates (with pictures), so that way I can see how far we have come (hopefully!).  I am giving this a go for two months than evaluating if to continue.  About that time, hopefully we have developed a good routine... just in time for baby #2 to make his/her appearance!

Well, I will try to write more regularly, I've been working a great deal (more on that later), so not much free time.  I will try through...

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment